Monday, March 13, 2017

Snow and the Sacrament

Hey folks!

Hope you're enjoying the daylight savings. It made for a groggy Sunday for us, but it's also making for fantastic missionary work because it's actually light until 7 or 8 now.

We had a great week. Wish I had the time to write about it but I don't. We finally saw our investigator Karla though! She's doing great. Still wants to be baptized. She's struggling to feel worthy to be baptized though. She's living worthily right now, but there are things in her past that bother her. We've had a good couple of lessons on the Atonement though and I noticed this week she always walks away with a huge smile and seems to feel way better. We also saw our investigator Bill and he set a date on his own for when he will quit smoking! Awesome stuff.

The gospel of Jesus Christ is true. As we keep the covenants He has revealed to mankind, they bring us unto Him and help us become like Him, and they give us joy. I know He lives. I know the power and grace of His Atonement. He will help you make the changes you want and need to make in your life and He will help you have real joy if you will just come to Him. Prayer, scripture study, and coming to church are a good place to start. Especially coming to church. It snowed this week and they cancelled church (I know.... I chuckled too) so we almost didn't get to partake of the sacrament. I say almost because we actually had the opportunity to administer the sacrament in the homes of some of the ward members, and in the process we were able to take it ourselves. It was really powerful to bring the sacrament into people's homes. It brought the Spirit so strongly, and going out of our way to do it and seeing just how grateful people were to receive it (and how grateful I was as well) really reinforced for me how great a blessing it is to be able to partake of the sacrament each week. Let's not take it for granted. I like how King Benjamin speaks of taking upon ourselves the name of the Savior in Mosiah 5:8-9, 12. We need to always retain His name in our hearts. Partaking of the sacrament each week helps us to do that.

I love you all!

Elder Alex Swindler



No comments:

Post a Comment