Monday, September 5, 2016

Hey, It's Actually Kinda Short This Time!

Hey folks!

I'm really sorry, I don't have any time for an email this week. Suffice it to say that our investigators are doing well and so are we. We had some cool experiences finding and following promptings. Also the ward here is awesome and they seem to be really trusting us a lot. The ward council keeps giving us referrals and it's awesome.

Crazy story! We got the number for the missionaries in the area in Nashville where Esther moved, and when we called to explain more about Esther, the sister missionary who answered introduced herself and her name sounded really familiar. I asked her a couple questions and sure enough, it was Sister Abby Harward, a girl from my home stake! Of all the people who could have answered, we ended up calling someone I went to high school with. It blew my mind. Haha it was neat to talk to someone I know from home, and even more neat that she'll be taking over working with Esther.

My message this week is brief. The Savior's gospel is designed to help us become perfect eventually. Remember that perfection is His job; improvement is ours. Let go of perfectionism! Take time to feast upon His words every day and to communicate with our Heavenly Father in prayer, and listen to the Holy Spirit as you do so, and He will help you to know how to improve right now. That's something that stood out to me this week, because I get pretty hard on myself sometimes for not being perfect. That's not how it should be though. Our lives are not just a time of probation, they are also our loving Father's gift to us. So if you're anything like me, maybe consider being a little kinder on yourself. Improve whatever you need to improve, repent of whatever you need to repent of, but be patient. "Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith..." (Hebrews 12:1-2)

Well. Somehow this still turned out to be longer than I meant it to. I love you all! Make yourselves a great week!

Elder Alex Swindler

Duh Pics

1) Found this lovely sight when we came home one night

2)Video: #missionaryfood

3) Selfie outside the children's museum where we volunteer. Love that place.

The Unrated Pics: Some slightly more PG pics and things. View at your own discretion.

1) Courtesy of Elder Lambert

2) No captions necessary

Videos) Elder Frederick discovering the (fake) poop I left all over his toilet seat hahaha


No comments:

Post a Comment