Monday, July 25, 2016

Training week 1

Hey folks!

Guess who doesn't have any time? This boy! But. In short. Our week was great. We are working hard and doing a lot of finding and we are seeing success. And Elder Frederick is doing awesome (Elder Frederick is the new missionary I am training). He is from Glendale, AZ, he's really laid back, but he also really wants to work hard, and we are getting along really well so far.

It's late and I have to go but I do have a brief message. In Mosiah 18:8-9, Alma speaks of some of the covenants we make at baptism:

"...and now, as ye are desirous to come into the fold of God, and to be called his people, and are willing to bear one another’s burdens, that they may be light;

"Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the first resurrection, that ye may have eternal life--

"Now I say unto you, if this be the desire of your hearts, what have you against being baptized in the name of the Lord..."

I'd like to emphasize our covenant duty, as baptized members of the Church of Jesus Christ, to bear one another's burdens - which includes mourning with those that mourn, comforting those that stand in need of comfort, and standing as witnesses of God at all times. I believe that covenant duty begins first in our own homes with our own family members. Let's all take time this week to consider - how can I better fulfill my covenants to love and serve and support my fellow man, and especially my own family? Maybe it's just by being a better listener, someone that others can go to with their problems. I know that often that's what God has been for me. And let's also remember that along with those covenants to bear others' burdens is also a responsibility to let others bear our burdens as well.

I love you all! Make yourselves a great week!

Elder Alex Swindler

Last Week's Pics:
Pictures from the hike I went on last week with Elders Lakko, Nelson and Constantino.




This week's pics:

1-4) The other ward's ward mission leader showed us his cool chess sets. The first two pictures are Nephites vs Lamanites. :)
 
5) Elder Frederick (left) and me and several other elders we hung out with today 
 
6) Goodbye pic with my good friend Elder Hoyt. He goes home this week.




No comments:

Post a Comment