Monday, March 7, 2016

Priesthood

Hey folks!

Man, I've gotta come up with some more salutations. I'm sure you're all sick of reading "hey folks" every week. Suggestions are welcome.

I hope you're all well. I'm great. We had a pretty good week this week. We finally heard back from Dusty! He had worked 84 hours in 8 days and so he hadn't really been able to get back to us. He took us out to eat again (this guy! My goodness) and we answered some of his questions about the Book of Mormon. He's awesome. Although he and his wife are kind of struggling in their marriage right now, they could use some prayers. They'll be coming to stake conference this week! That should be good. :)

We also had a really good experience this week giving a blessing to a girl named Kelly. She's the girlfriend of the grandson of a member in our ward (and the grandson is a former investigator). The grandma called us and asked if we could give her a blessing. She asked Kelly (the girlfriend) and Tanner (the grandson) if they'd like us to and they both said yes. Kelly was in the hospital at the time and was really struggling spiritually and physically. And she had been having some pretty scary experiences with seeing evil spirits (seriously). We gave her the blessing and afterwards it was amazing to see the difference. She was crying and you could visibly tell she felt better. She told us she felt a lot better. We gave her a Book of Mormon and told her if she reads it when she's struggling she'll have the Spirit with her. It was a huge blessing for her and for us, and it came because of a faithful grandmother who hasn't given up on sharing the gospel with her grandsons. Please keep them in your prayers too!

I'm completely out of time, but I'd just like to bear my testimony again of the power of the priesthood. I saw it work again this week in Kelly's life. She says she has been doing so much better and I know it's because of the power of the priesthood. I'm so grateful for the Spirit of the Lord that directs this work. I love you guys and I really appreciate all your prayers! The Gospel's true! Make yourselves another great week!

Love,
Elder Alex Swindler

Fotos:
1-2) Companionship selfies (as requested by my mom)



Some videos and a picture from our adventures this week:






No comments:

Post a Comment