Monday, December 14, 2015

Baptism!! ...and transfers??

Hey folks!

Crazy week this week.  Destiny and Sierra got baptized on Saturday, which was awesome. I got to baptize Destiny! And I played an arrangement of When I Am Baptized on the guitar at the baptismal service. Elder Castleberry baptized Sierra and confirmed them both.

We had a tri-zone conference on Friday with Elder Zwick of the Seventy and his wife, which was awesome. The conference was focused on simplifying and intensifying - and exemplifying - the things we teach. It was really powerful.

Saturday and Sunday we had stake conference, again with Elder Zwick. Our investigator Joe came to the Saturday night adult session, which was awesome. It was my favorite session. It seemed to be pretty focused on faith, the Atonement, and its powerful healing and enabling power that is available to us every day of our lives if we will exercise the faith to access it. Joe even gave an 'amen' in the middle of Sis Zwick's talk.

I also got to see a bunch of friends from Rockwood! The Jennings, the Woods, Austin... Bro Jennings bore his testimony in the adult session and it was incredible. He's come so far! He asked me to stay afterwards so I could stand in the circle to ordain him to the Melchizedek Priesthood!! That was really cool. :)

But then Saturday night we found out that, guess what, I'm getting transferred. :/ We didn't expect that at all. It's because they're putting sister missionaries in. And they should be good for the area, it's just a little sad to be leaving right when I was settling in and things were starting to happen. Joe is progressing super super well, and Glynn and Brissa too, and Sierra and Destiny just got baptized... But it feels right. I don't fully understand why yet but it feels right and I think I will eventually.

But. As a result of transfers... We are insanely busy today. I have zero time left. Pictures will have to wait till next week. And as for a message... Go study Mosiah 4:6-12 and liken it unto yourself!

I love you all!!

Elder Swindler

Picture from mission blog. Can you find Elder Swindler?

No comments:

Post a Comment